Thursday, February 22, 2007

Bush's Budget

Anyone who knows me knows I'm not exactly a Bush supporter, and never have been. I do find it interesting to watch most of the traditional Republican conservatives I know, turn away from the part due to Bush's leadership. I would love to be able to sit down with my intensely conservative, late step-grandfather and talk politics.

It came as no real surprise to read this article about Bush's Budget for 2008. Some tasty excerpts:
...a budget that offers $32.7 billion in tax cuts to the Wal-Mart family alone, while cutting $28 billion from Medicaid.

and
Cox family (Cox cable TV) receives $9.7 billion tax break while education would get $1.5 billion in cuts.

This is ridiculous!

I do wonder sometimes though. I think the journalist behind the article does the topic a disservice by opening it with a rant about Britney Spears coverage in the media. All that does is alienate people. Either your message is that Bush's budget is craptacular or that the main media outlets are letting missing the real issues. Mixing up the two messages helps no-one.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home