Friday, September 15, 2006

The future of the Wiki

If you haven't seen it, System One is the most impressive attempt at evolving the Wiki I have yet seen. I've had a long history of interest in leveraging computers to augment out abilities. Some old examples I played with were Remembrance Agent and Dashboard. GMail has some similar idea, although it is mostly used for advertising.

Google has shown how powerful a simple search based association can be. System One applies to personal productivity what Google applies to advertising. I'd love to have the same functionality for email, etc. Even better would be something equivalent for software development... One of the tricks that they still need to figure out is how to manage the UI. The current era of these UIs are very mouse heavy. I want to be able to get those benefits without leaving the keyboard. That would really make my day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home