Saturday, January 27, 2007

Restaurant Recommendation

Last night, on a whim, Natascha and I ate at Ponti Seafood Grill. I have not eaten there in quite some time, but remember liking the food, and it is close to where I live. Either my memory failed me, or I just had an different experience last time. The experience I had last night was amazing! I had the pepper seared albacore, which was absolutely delicious (although too peppery for Natascha's tastes). Aside from the main course tasting so darn good, the overall pacing of the meal was excellent, and the staff was great. The sommelier had excellent recommendations, but more-over, I didn't get the normal, I-know-wine snobbery that I'm used to at upscale restaurants. The staff was very friendly and quite efficient. The final piece was their calamari... done right! The oddest bit of the evening, was that the owner was wandering around, chatting with tables. Often that would make me feel uncomfortable, but he really felt more like your neighbor.

Both Natascha and I had seafood, so I can't really speak to the rest of the menu. I can say with certainty, that I intend to visit more often.

[spelling update...]

Labels:

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

somalie? or sommelier?

i wouldn't trust the french name of an african country with wine recommendations...

10:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home