Monday, August 14, 2006

Not quite Quicksilver

I've spent a few hours here playing with some of the Quicksilver-like tools that Kristian Kristensen pointed me at.  Some are interesting, and I tried Slickrun and Launchy but I'm not impressed.  I'm looking for one simple feature: I want it to scan my start-menu (and a few user-contrib directories) and make it easy for me to find entries.  The launchers I tried didn't let me control where it scans (at least not that I can figure) which is a crucial for me.

I've heard that Vista improves the start-menu.  Will that solve the problem?

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

If that's all you want, you might try: http://www.planetharrington.com/products/smartstartmenu/

8:20 PM  
Blogger Umut Alev said...

Yes, Vista greatly improves this. I still use Quick Links though very heavily

1:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home