Sunday, August 28, 2022

Rediscovering Techno

I have had a music addition since my teen years. In my late teens and early 20s, I measured the cost of everything relative to the cost of a new CD. (My discovery of CDs and their better sound relative to cassettes is another story.) I have long been a fan of pop dance music. Toward the end of high school I discovered Front 242, KMDM, Ministry, and the like. Then in college I discovered Techno. I was forever changed. I got into DJing with a friend and fell in love with techno. Not just electronica (although I still love a good pop electronica song), but detroit style, minimal, hard techno. Recently I have rediscovered my love for that sound. I forget how I stumbled across them, but I have a new addiction: dj mixes from Charlotte de Witte and Amelie Lens. They make me smile. I need more of that in my life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home