Monday, May 28, 2007

Sasquatch 2007

Back from Sasquatch. I only attended the first day, and my main motivation in being there was to see Bjork. Quick summary:
  • The Gorge is stunning. I'd never even imagined listening to such great music with a backdrop so fantastic. To my poor New Englander brain, it felt unreal.
  • Sarah Silverman was completely useless. IMHO, she shouldn't even get paid for her presence there Saturday.
  • Michael Showalter was entertaining and seemed much more comfortable with the MC role
  • Electrelane have potential... the live show left me wanting, but I could definitely see a good producer helping form their sound into a damn good pop album.
  • Viva Voce were intimate and beautiful on the side stage. Damn impressive to see the male half out there drumming while also playing bass to such lovely female vocals.
  • Citizen Cope and The Long Winters completely failed to impress. It wasn't that they were bad. I just like live shows that have edge and energy. They had neither.
  • MIA was well ... not there... apparently my friendly government found her form of music to be some sort of security risk.
  • Manu Chao rocked the house. This is what I want in a live show. Energy! Dance white boy, dance!
  • The Arcade Fire kept up the energy from Manu Chao, with their insane drummer, amazing vocals, and crazy musicians who seem to randomly swap instruments every other song.
  • Bjork was amazing. She performed some reworks of older songs that really blew me away. The laser show was simple and clean, in the best of ways.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hope you will check out this blog too: http://doctorzorro.blogspot.com/

sounds like you agree!

12:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home